Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sick For Christmas:(


Well that's right I was SICK for Christmas and trust me I didn't enjoy it. I was feeling good in the morning then around dinner time I didn't feel so good and about an hour later I was feeling better again but it's still not gone. I have a cough and I am not enjoying missing my sleep. It started on the 23 I guess I had a headache, backache and what not. My mom worried about me on Christmas Eve morning at 5:30 in the morning and took me to the ER or whatever you want to call it to see what was wrong with me. The Doctor sent me home with pill if I felt like I had to throw up and that was it. By Saturday I felt good enough to go Layton with my sister, mom, and grandma for a little shopping. I did really good until lunch. I didn't eat much like normal and felt good again. So here I am today with this cough but I know I will get over it soon. I have to, I just have to.

Christmas was a good one other than being sick. I got some great stuff thanks Mel, Mom and Dad, Grandma and Papa, and all my great friends!!! It was just a small Christmas. Just Rory, Rikki, Mom and Dad, and me. Grandma and Papa came for breakfast and stayed until after dinner which was really enjoyable to spend some time with them. Each year we draw names for the kids and the Matt's. This year I had Rikki and she would only tell me she wanted a Wii and Rock Band of which I could not afford so she got a coat. I am so sorry I didn't get you a Wii Rikki but you did get to barrow my DDR so I think all is fair now!!!

Rikki was worried about the roads on the way home Sunday and called two minuets latter saying something made a noise and was smoking in the car she borrowed from a friend(4 wheel drive). So my dad went to take a look and a leaf just got caught in the heater and burned luckily (it could have been so much worse).

Yesterday we found out that one of my Grampa's really goods friends and one of my friends dad was killed by a crane that tipped over in his shop. I feel for the family there are some really little kids and it would be so hard on a family as big as theirs. They are in the Hilliard ward and also in that ward is the Ellingford family that had a 15 years old son berried in an avalanche over in Utah. That would also be so hard. I am sure the Bishop is going to be a very busy man over the next few months, but I know the lord will be with him through this.

So yes there have been a few hard days but I know that these things come at us for a reason and that we can push through them. I hope you all had a very merry Christmas with safe travels and I hope you have a happy new year.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

It sounds like your Christmas was about like mine. I stood tooo long in the kitchen,delivering gifts to friends house(and stood talking), walked and stood at the live nativity and I just stood for toooo many days. I paid dearly for it all weekend. I had so much pain in my leg that it made me sick in my stomach for about 4 days. I finally took some pain killers and have been able to sleep alot of the pain away.I am still recovering, but doing better. OUCH!!!
Christmas was great here though. And so exciting to hear we just might get our missionary Christmas phone call after all. He is going to call from the airport next week!!! The best Christmas gift ever!! Happy New Year!!

Chandra said...

Wish you could have come....but I haven't even seen your dad. I've been doing relief society stuff all week so I haven't even stopped in to say hi. Your uncle scott has seen them...and Rory went up and spent some time at the hospital with the anesthetist.