Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas/Swimming

Boy do I love Christmas. It is such a fun time to be with family and just take some time off. I am proud to announce that after Friday I will not have school for TWO WEEKS!!! I am so excited. Time off to do what ever and not have to deal with stupid teachers that annoy the crap out of you. Oh I am SO excited (did i mention I am excited). So I am having a tough time blogging. I don't know what to tell you guys out there. I am a boring person I guess. Every one wants to hear about swimming so here is goes. I don't have any pictures of me swimming but times will work right. I had a great year of swimming, and all my times improved by a lot of time.
The 37 years of swimming records are a list of about 50 girls of the past 37 years and the records and what not. I am proud to be on a lot of these lists. It feels good.

200 Free-2:39, second fastest on the team, and #21 on the 37 years of swimming records.
100 Ind. Medley- 1:23, second fastest on the team, and #43 on 37 years
50 Free- 30.72, I should be on the list but he didn't get my fastest time. I don't mind though not my strongest event I guess.
Diving- I'm sad to say there was no diving for me this year. After 6th grade I am still afraid of the board!!
50 Fly- I only got to swim this once at the beginning of the year so it was a 42.82 and not very fast:(
100 Free- 1:11, second fastest on the team #36 on 37 years of swimming.
100 Backstroke- 1:27, fastest on the team, and missed the list by milliseconds:(
100 Breaststroke- 1:36, fastest on the team and didn't make the list but I am surprised I am even the fastest on the team so I am happy.
Our relay team did really well also. It is to bad that Lyman cheated us out of fist. Lyman got first at district and if you saw Lyman you would know that, that is not a team that can beat Evanston. They told my coach he could only score 4 people and nobody else had to, the disqualified our relay team along with all of Evanston's relays except like two! For our disqualification they had to have two officials approve it and only one saw it but we were still disqualified. On our other scoring relay the official told them that they didn't have a two hand breaststroke but didn't disqualify them until the fly person was all the way on the other end. It was sad they had to cheat so they could take first, but I hope they enjoy their first place that wasn't an honest first place. I want you back SONJA. I miss you and think you should be the official for all meets. You don't cheat teams that deserve first place out of fist place. My team worked like none other but it's OK we all know how we swam and what we really deserved!!!

4 comments:

Sonja said...

I do the best I can to be fair. You know for me it is really hard to tell who is on what team, (swim suits seem about the same, then the caps and goggles :)) who knows, who is who?!!@#$?? So I just disqualify the diqualifer if I need to and move on.

WOW!! I am amazed at your times you will be a great swimmer in HS. Also, don't worry about the 50 free or the 100 free they are definetly 2 of the hardest races. So nice job on the 100 free.And I your right, as long as you know in your hearts that you did your best then there is nothing to be discouraged about. GREAT SEASON for you!!! NICE JOB!!!

Sonja said...

OH!!! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Carolyn said...

Way to go missy! You sound pretty amazing to me. How come I never beheld one of these glorious swim events?

Carolyn said...

Here you go my friend.

630 E 800 N
Provo, UT
84606